This article summarises how an Adminstrator can add a new board member to the BoardSecure portal
New Board members can only be added by a person with Administration rights to BoardSecure. This is done as follows:
- Go to the Company homepage (for a shortcut to this page, click on the Companies tab at the top of the page once logged-in and then select the Company you wish to administer)
- On the left hand navigation bar there should be an icon labelled 'Invite' (this will only be visible to Administrators)
- Click this Icon
- A new pop-up window should now appear, where you can fill in the details of the new Board member (name, email, permission rights to the platform), the deadline dates for when they need to complete their onboarding steps and lastly the committees that you wish them to be invited to within your organisation.
- When you have completed this information, click the 'Send Invite' icon at the bottom of this pop-up window
- The new Board member will now receive an invitation email enabling them to create an account (including their own choice of password) and then start to use the platform
- As the Administrator, you should now see that individual added to your Board listing on the left-hand side of the Company administration screen. Until you have approved their onboarding steps however, this individual's status should still read as 'unapproved'.